In 1935, the founder of Woodhouse + Danks, Hubert O. Woodhouse was strongly involved with the provision of design, architecture and management services for Church and other religious organizations. This tradition was subsequently carried on by Geoffrey Danks prior to his retirement, and is now being continued by the current director, Stephen Fayle.
Heritage and conservation of landmark buildings, knowledge of building forensics and earthquake design have all been prerequisites in our knowledge and understanding of preserving these fine buildings.
Some of our successes in this discipline have been:
- Closebourne House, Morpeth
- All Saints Church, Belmont
- Holy Trinity Church, Kingsford
- St. Martin’s Church, Kensington
- Winner of the Phillips Award for Innovative Lighting
- St Martin’s Church, Croydon
- Rockhampton Cathedral
- Archway Terrace, Market St. Sydney
- St James Church, King St Sydney
- St Peter’s Church, Tempe
- St Jude’s Church, Randwick
- St James Hall
- St John’s Church, Taree